A snack treat for your cleanse diet is the Raw Cauliflower “Popcorn”
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 Tbsp. chili powder, depending on strength of flavor desired
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. Spike seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
Trim the leaves from the
cauliflower and pull
off large pieces of the head. Break
them down until they are in florets not larger
than the tip of your thumb. Wash and drain well. Transfer florets to a large mixing bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients.
A different addition to your cleanse diet can be the Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- 1 head cauliflower, pulsed in food processor to size of rice grains
- 1 English cucumber, diced small
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 2 spring onions, diced small
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 6–7 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. diced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Break the cauliflower into smaller pieces and place in the food processor. Pulse 5–10 times depending on desired size. Add all ingredients up to dressing and toss. Put all dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well. Dress salad and taste.
Add more pepper and lemon as needed.
Make your cleanse diet more interesting with this Detox Herb Salad
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1/2 bunch dill, minced
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and black pepper to a container with a lid. Shake vigorously until well blended.
Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Allow dressing to sit for at least 15 minutes before tossing with your salad.
Chop broccoli and cauliflower
into small pieces for easier
digestion. Try pulsing them in a food processor or use a sharp knife to chop into bite-sized pieces.
Combine in a large salad bowl along with shredded carrot, chopped
pear, red onion, cilantro, dill,
and mint. Add enough dressing to coat
the salad but not drown it.
Mix thoroughly. And enjoy!!!
Simple and tasty addition to your cleanse diet is this Marinated Vegetables dish
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
Olive oil, lemon, dried herbs to taste
In a large bowl, combine the
cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onion.
Add dressing and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
A great rice replacement as part of your cleanse diet can be the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz.) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, diced
- Pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Remove the core and let
cauliflower dry completely.
Coarsely chop into florets. Place half the
cauliflower in a
food processor and pulse until the
cauliflower is small and
has the texture of rice or
couscous—don’t over process or
it will get mushy. Set aside and
repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
Heat a large sauté pan over
medium heat. Add olive oil,
scallions, and garlic and sauté about 3 to
4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
Add the cauliflower “rice” to the pan. Cover and cook
approximately 5 to 6
minutes, stirring frequently, until the
cauliflower is slightly
crispy on the outside but tender on the
Remove from heat and place in a medium bowl,
and toss with fresh cilantro, lime juice, and pepper to