Americans are living longer. But are they living a healthy longer life?
I am not just talking about senior citizens, but about everyone. Everyone who is interested in feeling better about their health every day. No matter their age.
Good nutrition is the key
How you fuel your body makes a difference. And science has shown that good nutrition is the way to Live Younger Longer.
Did you know…
- Less than 1 in 10 Americans get the daily recommended value for one or more vitamins and minerals in their diets alone?1Wallace TC, McBurney M, Fulgoni VL 3rd. Multivitamin/mineral supplement contribution to micronutrient intakes in the United States, 2007-2010. J Am Coll Nutr. 2014;33(2):94-102.
- At least 1 in 4 Americans eat some type of fast food every day? 2 Schlosser, Eric. “Americans Are Obsessed with Fast Food: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal.” CBSNews. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- 20% of all American meals eaten in the car?3Stanford University. “What’s for Dinner?.” Multidisciplinary Teaching and Research at Stanford. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- And over the years there has been a decline of up to 38% in the nutrient content of crops?4Center for Nutrition Research, 2011.
And more interesting, did you know that:
52% of Americans believe that doing their taxes is easier than eating healthy!5International Food Information Council Foundation . “2012 Food & Health Survey: Consumer Attitudes toward Food Safety, Nutrition and Health.” Food Insight. Accessed April 14, 2014.
Making healthy food choices every day can be hard. But there are some ways to make it EASIER.
The building blocks for life: multivitamin and protein shake.
Two of the keys to a healthier foundation is a high quality multivitamin and protein.
Why a multivitamin?
It can be confusing to know where to start! Here are a few things to consider:
- It can be challenging to get all the nutrients your body needs from food alone. Even the best planned diets often have “nutrition gaps”.
- Find out what specific vitamins you may need. Everyone has different nutritional needs, depending on your age, gender, diet, and current health. Always talk to your doctor to get the best advice on what is right for you.
- Don’t overdo it with supplementing! You’ll want to make sure that you’re not getting too much of one nutrient – balance is key.
- Look for the right claims and certifications. If a supplement sounds too good to be true. It probably is.
- Go with what’s tried and true. Reputable supplements are backed by clinical research and studies.
Why a protein shake?
A high quality protein shake can provide you with
- Increased energy and satiety
- Support to reach and maintain your healthy weight
- An easy-to-digest formula that promotes regularity and digestive comfort
- Essential vitamins and minerals which can support heart, brain, vision, bone, immune, and overall health
- No added sugar
Other health targeted solutions
In addition to the foundation of a quality multivitamin and a protein shake there are many solutions for healthy aging, energy, digestion, and much more. But it is critical that everyone start out with a strong foundation.
Next steps to take if you are serious about living younger longer
If you would like to know more about the plan that has helped me create a solid foundation for my health, let me know. You can:
- Send me an email from the CONTACT PAGE
- Connect with me on social media:
- Call me at (747) 333-8789
I hope to hear from you soon.
PS: I like talking to people about the things that have worked for me and sharing them with others. Don’t hesitate to connect!
To a healthy life! #liveyoungerlonger